|Sl No:||Item Name||Quantity|
|2||Baking Soda||1 tsp|
|6||Tahini (based on preference)||1/4 -3/4 cup|
|7||Ice Cold Water||1 cup|
|8||Optional Toppings: Olive Oil, Cumin, Smoked Paprika,, etc.|
- Soak Your Chickpeas in water for 12-24 hours, then drain and rinse them.
- Cook The Chickpeas with 3-5 cloves of raw Garlic (according to preference) and the Baking Soda (this softens them and makes them easier to peel).
- INSTANT POT: Cover the Chickpeas, Garlic, and Baking Soda with water until it is 2-3″ above the beans. Stir, seal, and cook on Manual HIGH pressure for 12-14 minutes; let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes before breaking the seal.
- STOVETOP: Add the Chickpeas, Garlic, and Baking Soda to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 40 – 120 minutes, until the beans are tender.
- Peel the Chickpeas. Drain and rinse the cooked beans, until no bubbles remain. Set the cooked cloves of Garlic aside and peel the Chickpeas. The skins should slide off quite easily when you gently “pinch” each bean. Discard the Chickpea “skins” once finished.
- Make a Chickpea Puree by adding 3 cups of the peeled Chickpeas and cooked Garlic to the Food Processor, then seal it shut. Mix the Lemon Juice and Salt together in a small bowl until the Salt dissolves, then slowly pour this mixture into the Food Processor while it is running to puree the Chickpeas until they are smooth.
- Add Tahini and Water. Add in 1/4 cup of Tahini to the Food Processor, then seal it and add in 1/3 cup of Ice Cold Water while it is running. Let the Food Processor run for 4-5 minutes, to help make the hummus fluffy and smooth. Add in extra Tahini and Water in 1/4 cup increments, if you would like your spread to be thicker or have a higher fat content (and be creamier).
- Serve with the remaining peeled Chickpeas and any toppings of your choice. Leftovers will keep well in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.